Translate

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Today's Breakfast

This morning I made some little beef patties with bacon and a poached egg.  This recipe is free on Red/Original or Extra Easy.  I tend to only stick to the extra easy days as you can have more variety.


Ingredients:
Lean Minced Beef, just a couple of handfuls for two people or one handful for one person.  I put the rest back in the fridge to use for another meal.


Lean Minced Beef




Spring Onions
Mushrooms Diced




















Herbs
Dried Sage, Dried Oregano, Garlic Salt, Dried Rosemary, Salt & Pepper


You can add pretty much anything you want or have in the cupboards, e.g. chilli, paprika, Garlic Cloves etc. fresh or dried but I just used the items above as this was my first go at making this.



I put them all into a bowl and mixed together



I then made little burger shapes and fried off on the griddle pan with fry light.  Frying them on both sides for a couple of minutes before putting them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the patties.


While they cooked in the oven, I poached an egg and fried off a piece of smoked bacon.  I took the fat off the bacon as this is cheaper than buying lean bacon.  I prefer smoked bacon as it has much more flavour.


I then plated these up on the plate and......voila!


Result:
Mmmm this was very meaty, juicy and tasty.  I will definitely try this again. 

Score: 7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment